It’s summer time again, abortion so to kick things off I’ve been smoking brisket. And since I have been making hokkaido milk bread as well, I thought that it was time again to try my hand on a smoked brisket bbq bao.
Here’s the resulting bao:
1. Chopped brisket
2. 1/2 onion
3. BBQ sauce
4. Corn starch slurry
5. Saute onions, add brisket and bbq sauce. Thicken with surry. Cool to room temp.
1. Hokkaido milk bread with tang zhong recipe
2. Divide into 12 portions
3. Fill and roll into buns, proof, egg wash
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes
* Brisket was dry, learning a new smoker.