- 200g starter 100% hydration
- 100g high protein flour
- 10g water
- 10g vital gluten
- 8g malt syrup
- 4g salt
We love English muffins, visit this but we dislike waking up early in the morning to make muffins from scratch. Cook’s Illustrated’s Baking Illustrated booklet has a recipe for English muffin bread that looked easily adaptable to overnight rise and a quick morning bake in the toaster oven.
- 200 g starter, 100% hydration
- 300 g bread flour
- 260 g milk
- 8 g salt
- 8 g sugar
- 4 g baking soda
- Cornmeal for the bottom of the loaf pan
- Mix all the above except cornmeal
- Stretch and fold x 4
- Rest 30 minutes, stretch and fold x 4
- Pour into a loaf pan that has cornmeal dusted on the bottom.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Next morning, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Score the dough.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes to 200 degrees F internal temperature.
- Remove from pan and cool to room temperature.
If you don’t score, the rise is uncontrolled.
- 75 g all purpose flour
- 75 g water
- 50 g milk
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
Whipped Cream Filling
- 235 g of whipping cream
- 15 g sugar
- 5 g matcha powder
- Preheat toaster oven to 425 degrees
- Combine water, audiologist milk and unsalted butter in a small pot. In medium heat bring to a simmer. Mix to incorporate the butter.
- Take off heat and add the flour. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Put the dough back on medium heat. Continue to mix until dough is 180 degrees F. – you hear sizzling and beads of fat are on the surface of the pot.
- Take off heat, medications mix and cool slightly (don’t want to scramble those eggs).
- Add eggs, phthisiatrician one at a time and mix/beat to combine.
- Using a piping bag or cookie scoop, divide pate choux dough into 3cm (1 1/4″) mounds. Smooth tops with the back of a wet spoon or fingers.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees F with convection (or 375 degrees F) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, and make a 1cm (1/2″) slit on the side of each creme puff to allow the steam to escape.
- Place back in an off oven with door propped oven with a wooden spoon. Allow to dry out for 30-45 minutes more.
Another round of sourdough morning buns baked in the toaster oven. Facebook post on Sourdough Baking group resulting in requests for recipe. To validate repeatability of results, surgeon I baked another batch.