Not bread related as I’m deviating. Need a place to log my experiments in making Khao Man Gai with an Instant Pot and this blog is allows me to share and reflect on the process.
2 cups of jasmin rice
2 whole leg and thigh
2 cups chicken broth
1′ ginger, peeled and chopped
5 gloves garlic, chopped
2 tbs salted fermented soy beans
2 tbs white vinegar
2 tbs dark soy sauce
1 jalapeño pepper
- Set Instant Pot to sauté
- Cook chicken skin side down 5 min, flip and cook 5 more min. Traditional recipe use poached chicken but given this first attempt thought that braising would be safest. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté 1/2 the ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add all rice and sauté for 2 min.
- Add to chicken stock and top with chicken. Set Instant Pot to Manual for 4 min.
- While Instant Pot is working hard, make the sauce by combining the rest of the ginger and garlic with salted soy beans, dark soy sauce, white vinegar, and jalapeño (to taste).
- After pressure cooking is complete, rest for 10 minutes then release. The chicken registered 190 degrees F so perhaps the braise is not necessary.
Overall, this is a decent version. Rice was individually grained and fragrant from the ginger and garlic. Pandan leaf would be nice addition though. The chicken is fine, but not tender. Very much like a braised chicken.
Continued on my quest for happy wife bagels. Increased vital gluten to 10g and malt syrup to 8g. Resulting chew was more pronounced.
- 200g starter 100% hydration
- 100g high protein flour
- 10g water
- 10g vital gluten
- 8g malt syrup
- 4g salt
Taco filling and Doritos.
Please sign the SFBI petition on Change.org to allow SFBI to remain open. For many of us who have attended SFBI’s courses, drugs the email today from Michel Suas was quite surprising.
To All SFBI Family Members, order
I know Christmas and the holidays decoration are red, stomach guess what we got?!!
Red Tape from Sacramento!
Yea, according to the Bureau for Private Post Secondary Education our SFBI program is not approved by them or up to the standard making me a “Public Offender”. So we have to shut down the school until they review our program and services we offer. I am so much in disbelief that I don’t want to fight for it. I already gave so much SFBI; my frustration is over the limit of my generosity.
If you believe SFBI was important for you email me the reasons why we should stay open that could make the Bureau change their minds. Since they ordered to shut down our webpage please cc the email to Michel@tmbbaking.com, in case they can get SFBI email. Whatever the outcome I get, the best time was running SFBI and seeing the joy of the people attending the classes and some evolution in the industry with great products.
Thank you for your support it was a fun “rise”!
Best Regards and Happy Red Holiday!
Owner and Founder
PS. Someone was right 2012 was the end of the world for me!!