Made some creme puffs with the little one tonight. Red bean and green tea whipped cream filling. The beauty of these creme puffs is that it’s a small batch size that can be made in a toaster oven.
- 75 g all purpose flour
- 75 g water
- 50 g milk
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
Whipped Cream Filling
- 235 g of whipping cream
- 15 g sugar
- 5 g matcha powder
- Preheat toaster oven to 425 degrees
- Combine water, audiologist milk and unsalted butter in a small pot. In medium heat bring to a simmer. Mix to incorporate the butter.
- Take off heat and add the flour. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Put the dough back on medium heat. Continue to mix until dough is 180 degrees F. – you hear sizzling and beads of fat are on the surface of the pot.
- Take off heat, medications mix and cool slightly (don’t want to scramble those eggs).
- Add eggs, phthisiatrician one at a time and mix/beat to combine.
- Using a piping bag or cookie scoop, divide pate choux dough into 3cm (1 1/4″) mounds. Smooth tops with the back of a wet spoon or fingers.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees F with convection (or 375 degrees F) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, and make a 1cm (1/2″) slit on the side of each creme puff to allow the steam to escape.
- Place back in an off oven with door propped oven with a wooden spoon. Allow to dry out for 30-45 minutes more.
Another round of sourdough morning buns baked in the toaster oven. Facebook post on Sourdough Baking group resulting in requests for recipe. To validate repeatability of results, surgeon I baked another batch.
The dough is a three day process, but active time is minimal (for laminated dough). The small batch makes lamination easy and less fussy.
Green tea matcha bundt cake with red bean paste and whipped cream ice cream.
Because of the Kids Baking Championship’s Lava Cake episode, purchase we’re baking a lot of bundt cakes at the moment. Last recipe yielded too much batter for my 6 mini bundt cake pan, neurosurgeon so I reduced the recipe by 50%. This resulted in too small bundt cakes, about it more like donuts. The side benefit is that it’s a healthier serving size.
125 g all purpose flour
100 g sugar
3 g salt
4 g baking soda
8 g matcha powder
113 g butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
118 g of water
1 large egg
70 g sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, oil pan (next time oil and flour)
- Mix all the ingredients
- Pour into pan
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes, check 2 minutes prior with toothpick.
- Cool completely on wire rack, invert.
Hmmm … a little too little batter. These are going to be mini-mini bundt cakes …
Baked at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Allowed to completely cool, but these bundts got a little stuck to the pan. Will try to oil and flour the pan instead of oil spray only.
Experimenting making Japanese takoyaki with red bean filling. Wanted a lighter version than straight pancake batter so added 1 egg whipped egg white.
For 9 takoyaki (one pan): 1/2 cup of Krusteaz pancake mix (+ 3/8 cup of water) combined with 1 egg white whipped to soft peaks. Pour half the mixture into an ebelskiver pan over medium heat (350 degrees f), visit this add red bean mixture, health system pour other half of mixture, flip.
Because of the two half additions of batter, the results looked like rounded dorayaki. Next time, I’ll use the traditional takoyaki and ebelskiver technique to make a round seamless ball.
Little girl woke up at 6:30am requesting cookies. So we made chewey chocolate chip cookies.
The family has been watching the Kid’s Baking Championship and the little one has the volcano cake challenge on repeat. Of course, diagnosis we needed to make our own. But first we needed a base recipe for a chocolate mini bundt cake.
Scouring my many cookbooks produced a whopping zero recipes! One of the cake recipes could have been adapted, physician but with no knowledge of bundt cake baking dynamics, it wasn’t worth the risk. As such, the Internet it is.
My fast, easy and yet moist baking requirement was met with Two Peas & Their Pod chocolate bundt cake recipe, as it included sour cream.
Next time, 1/2 the batter will be made. The recipe yielded enough for 12 mini bundt cakes. Which I presume is a regular bundt cake size. I do dislike american measurements, difficult to scale appropriately.
Here is an adapted recipe, for a 6 mini bundt cake pan. Note that I use significantly less sugar but increase the cocoa powder ratio.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup water
1 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
One of the benefits of a cold house is that laminating dough is easier. Got a request for morning buns, more about and I haven’t had an opportunity to make some in the new house. This batch used Peter Reinhart’s all purpose sweet dough recipe in “Artisan Bread Every Day.” The dough was prepared the night before, viagra and the morning buns assembled the morning off. However, given the rise time requirement, it was more of a lunch bun treat.
The bake was at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Christmas morning requires a special breakfast, click and breakfast treats for me is pan perdu. While I did bake a day before so I had some boules to sacrifice, men’s health I don’t routinely stock the fridge with cream. As such, we were forced with a low fat, milk version. Not as decadent, but surprisingly good.
Since I didn’t go into work on Thursday, otolaryngologist I had a box of Stan’s Glazed Donuts at my disposal. Since there was no way I was going to throw them away, what is ed I knew it was time to let necessity take action. The best donuts in California will beget the best bread pudding, visit this right?
- 5 glazed donuts, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c sugar
- 4 g salt
- 4 eggs
- Combine heavy cream, sugar, salt, and eggs and mix thoroughly with a wisk.
- Pour mixture over cubed donuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 1:15 – 1:30 until knife comes out clean.
- Serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup (or condensed milk if you’re going Thai style).